Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New and Improved

A LOT has happened in the last several months, including my husband finishing his Secret Service training and our family moving to Colorado. An exciting change that went along with all of this was being able to buy our first home! It was an interesting experience going through that process while my husband and I were in different states and we were buying a home in another state and yada, yada, yada. But it worked out great and we are really excited! I love that I can finally throw some paint on the walls and put nail-holes wherever I want to.

Our first order of business for the home was painting Annie's room. Since the whole "we're moving to Denver" process has started, we've promised Annie she could have a room decorated however she wanted. Her immediate request was a "purple princess room". She has not wavered on that at all, so we felt a strong obligation to deliver. After a few coats of "grape-o-licious", here's what we have:

She loves it, but also asks why some of the trees are square, so maybe I didn't get it exactly right. Oh, well! We are having fun!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move, the new house, and the grape-o-licious! How did you do the castle on the wall?! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where the heck do you live? I hope it's close to me! E-mail me so that we can hang out...wherever you are! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the room! Glad everything is working out for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Finally a picture of a room in your house! Now we just need pictures of every other room, the outside of your house, and a pic of Ryan since we haven't seen him since BEFORE his training! (And of course pics of you and the kids too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute room! What a lucky girl! I hope you post many more pictures of your new home so it will feel like we have visited. :) So happy you are finally getting settled and together as a family again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that grape-o-licious wall!

    ReplyDelete